Level of Service
McFarland EMS was the first EMS service in the state to be licensed at the EMT-Basic IV Tech level. EMT-Basic IV Technicians have training and skill sets in the following areas:
- Demonstrate skills in patient extrication, packaging, and safe movement.
- Perform CPR and airway management.
- Understand legal liabilities and requirements of professional conduct to operate as an EMT.
- Perform a successful trauma and medical assessment and treatment.
- Interact with patients in a compassionate and professional manner.
- Understand and demonstrate safe practice in the administration of approved medications given via the IV (intravenous), IM (intramuscular), SQ (subcutaneous), and inhaled routes.
- Integrate the appropriate use of intravenous fluids, and medications in the treatment of cardiac, respiratory, diabetic, and altered level of consciousness patients.