Attractive, growing community in Madison metro area-minutes away from I-90, the University of Wisconsin, and the State Capital. Seven Village Board members elected on a non-partisan basis. $10.2 M total budget; 80 FT and PT employees. One Administrator since 1994. Salary $82K to $96K plus benefits, DOQ.
Bachelor’s degree, prefer master’s in public administration/related field and a minimum of three years municipal administration experience. Desire a strong background in budget, finance & capital improvement management, commercial development and redevelopment, including TIF and a verifiable record of accomplishments. Have demonstrated internal and external team building skills, vision, integrity; innovative & collaborative leadership with an open and positive communication style. Residency strongly preferred.
Send cover letter, resume, salary history and references to Public Administration Associates, LLC, P. O. Box 282, Oshkosh, WI 54903; e-mail email@example.com by March 7, 2014. Confidentiality must be requested by applicant and cannot be guaranteed for finalists.
Fire Inspector/ Education
The Village of McFarland Fire & Rescue Department is seeking a fulltime Fire Inspector/Education Specialist. McFarland (pop. 7,900), is located in the dynamic Madison metro area of Dane County. McFarland Fire & Rescue is a newly restructured department where both the Fire and EMS services report to the same Chief. The Department responded to 842 calls for service in 2013 of which 241 were fire related calls and 601 EMS related calls. In 2013 the department completed 915 fire inspections in the Village of McFarland and Town of Dunn. It is a combination department with a fulltime Fire/EMS Chief, five fulltime Advanced EMT’s, 70 paid on call employees and several limited term employees. The service territory includes the Village of McFarland and portions the Town of Dunn and Town of Pleasant Springs.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with experience conducting fire inspections, sprinkler system plan review, fire alarm system plan review, and creating occupancy preplans. The individual must also demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as the position interacts throughout the community with various members of the community.
Required qualifications include: Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Fire/EMS field, one (1) year experience as a fire inspector; certifications in Firefighter 1, Fire Inspector 1, EMT, and NIMS 100, 200, 700. Must possess or be able to obtain a valid WI driver’s license; strong oral and written communication abilities; ability to meet established physical fitness standards; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities.
Desired qualifications include: Firefighter 2, Wisconsin State Certified Fire Instructor 1, Building Inspector, Sprinkler System Inspector, Fire Alarm System Inspector, Tank Inspector, EMS Licensure as Intermediate Technician or higher, and Motor Pump Operator.
Starting salary range is $37,171 - $47,249, depending on qualifications, with competitive fringe benefits. Application deadline is 4pm on Friday, March 7, 2014. Application materials can be picked up at the station or electronically requested by contacting Chief Brad Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling
1) The four required elements of the application package are a letter of interest, a resume not to exceed two pages in length, application, and qualifications checklist.
2) Applications must be submitted in electronic or print form. Please note “Fire Inspector/Public Education Specialist” on the envelope.
3) Submit your application to:
Brad Bowen, Chief
McFarland Fire & Rescue Department
P.O. Box 110
McFarland, WI 53558-0110
4) The application deadline is 4pm on Friday, March 7, 2014.
5) Direct any questions to Chief Brad Bowen at email@example.com or (608) 838-3152.
6) Following review of application packets, candidates will be invited to participate in a written and practical evaluation in early March.
7) A number of candidates following the written and practical evaluations will be invited to attend a series of interviews including a Chief’s interview and an interview with an external professional panel in late March.
8) Final candidates will proceed forward to an interview with the Village of McFarland Police & Fire Commission in late March or early April.
9) A conditional offer of employment will be offered to final candidate. The offer will be conditioned upon successful completion of the following remaining steps in the hiring process:
Medical examination and physical fitness testing
Drug/alcohol/controlled substances screening