1) If I have a question on my water or sewer bill, who do I call?
A. Call Public Works / Public Utilities at (608) 838-7287
2) Where do I pick up a water meter or who do I call if I have a question on my water meter?
A. You can pick up a water meter at the Public Works Facility which is located at 5115 Terminal Drive in McFarland. You can also call Public Utilities at (608) 838-7287.
3) Does the Village of McFarland provide brush collection or brush pick up? If so, when?
4) Does the Village provide Lawn Waste Collection? If so, when?
A. The Village provides lawn waste collection (click here for more details)
5) How much does water and sewer cost in McFarland?
A. The breakdown of the water and sewer rates is as follows:
- $13.50 Base water rate
- $20.68 Base sewer rate
- $1.87 per 1000 gallons of water
- $2.08 per 1000 gallons of sewer
6) When does garbage get picked up in McFarland?
A. Garbage gets picked up on Thursdays of every week, (with the exception of those Thursdays which fall on a Holiday). Have everything set out by 6:00 am on Thursdays.
7) Is McFarland part of a recycling program?
A. Yes. Recycling is picked up at the same time as the garbage is picked up. Call Public Works at (608) 838-7287 for more details.
8) Does McFarland rent parks, and if so, how does one rent a park?
9) How do the streets in McFarland get identified for maintenance and / or reconstruction?
A. McFarland, as other communities in Wisconsin, is required to rate every street. The information is then entered into a software program where the streets are prioritized for routine maintenance. This information is then evaluated by the Public Works Committee for final determination of which streets and what type of maintenance will be performed.
10) Is there anyway to avoid paying sewer costs while watering my lawn?
A. Yes. You will need to have an additional water meter installed which is connected to your outside faucets by a licensed plumber. The water used through this meter will not be charged for sewer. The cost for this additional meter is $5.00 every two months.