2013 Street Maintenance Projects
It will be another very active year in 2013 for street construction projects in McFarland. The projects are as follows:
Street asphalt milling and pulverized overlay projects are:
- Black Walnut Drive (Smith Ridge Road to Siggelkow Road)
- Bremer Road (Bellevue Court to Larson Beach Road)
- Calico Court - wedging (Marsh Road to bulb)
Seal coataing projects are:
- Creamery Road (Elvehjem Road to Creamery Court)
- Elvehjem Road (Creamery Road to Perrot Place)
- Holscher Road (Broadhead Street to Elvehjem Road)
- Marsh Road (Siggelkow Road to Broadhead Street)
- Taylor Road (Farwell Street to Terminal Drive)
- Calico Court (Marsh Road to end)
Please do not park on either side of these streets during the day time from 6:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. while work is being done.
The project will consist of: curb and gutter spot repair; approximately a 2-3 week cure time on the concrete; pulverizing the street; grading and reshaping the street; adjusting and repairing valve boxes and manholes; and then paving both a binder and surface course of asphalt. This work will be on going for about two and one half months and will be weather dependant.
During this construction period residents will not be able to drive over the end of their driveways for a week if the curb and gutter has been replaced at the end of their drive; should still have access to their property at other times; may experience delays during the construction; and will need to travel with caution as manholes, valve boxes, and other items may be protruding on the street surface. It is also important for residents to follow all signage, flag men, and be cautious of construction workers.
Thanks for your patience and feel free to contact the Public Works Department at 838-7287 if you have any questions.