Located in the John Urso Community Park and accessible from Elvehjem Road, the McFarland Dog Park was opened in 2009.
Hours of Operation
6am-10pm, seven days a week.
The Park may be closed without notice due to extreme weather or for repairs.
While in Dane County, this park is not apart of the Dane County Dog Park system. A separate permit and a municipal dog license is require in order to use this park.
Daily Permits (Available at park)
- Complete the Daily Dog Permit Self Registration form available at the park.
- Place the white copy of the permit, along with payment, into the envelope and place into the collection tube.
- Keep the yellow carbon copy with you while using the park.
Daily Permit Fees
|McFarland Senior (55+)||$3.00|
|Each Additional Dog (Resident)||$3.00|
|Each Additional Dog (Non-Resident)||$4.00|
An annual permit may be purchased at the McFarland Municipal Center during regular business hours. A valid municipal dog license is require to purchase an annual permit.
Annual Permit Fees
|McFarland Senior (55+)||$10.00|
|Each Additional Dog||$6.00|
McFarland Dog Exercise Area Guidelines
- Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Village of McFarland is not liable for any damage or injury to humans or pets.
- Dogs must wear current rabies, dog license, park permit, and owner ID tags. Those purchasing a daily permit must carry a copy of the permit while using the park.
- Dogs must remain on a leash until inside the gated park area.
- All waste must be picked up and placed in designated receptacles.
- Human food, glass containers and smoking are prohibited.
- This is a playground for dogs. Children must be supervised closely at all times.
- Dogs must be under the control of the owner or responsible party.
- Dogs are not allowed to disturb wildlife or interfere with other park users.
- Dogs shall not intimidate, attack or threaten any other person or another pet.
- Female dogs in heat and sick dogs are not allowed in the park.
- Dogs under 4 months of age that are not fully vaccinated are not allowed in the park.
- Aggressive dogs are not welcome. A dog behaving aggressively must be immediately leashed and removed from the area.
- Bring plenty of water to keep your pet hydrated during play.