Purpose of Apparatus
- Tender 6 is used to supply water to incidents when there is no water source readily available, such as a fire hydrant. These incidents include structure fires, brush/grass fires, vehicle fires and others normally in rural areas.
- Tender 6 can also be used as a fill site for brush trucks for firefighter's Indian packs, and depending on the area, even fighting a brush/grass fire.
- Tender 6 is also used to protect the scene during traffic accidents by blocking off the road. Firefighters, EMS, and police safety is of main importance during these incidents.
- All in all, Tender 6 is more versatile than just carrying water
Features of Apparatus
- 2000 gallons of water
- 3 optional dump sites using a rotating dump chute to dump from both sides and the rear of the vehicle
- Two portable tanks to dump water in for engines to draft from
- 500 GPM pump
- Two pre-connected crosslays - one 1 3/4" and one 2 1/2"