Include all this information when requesting an inspection:
- Permit Number
- Street Address
- Type of Inspection
- Contact Person's Name
- General Contractor's Name
- Telephone Number(s)
Village Ordinances and State Statutes require that the project be inspected at different times throughout the construction process. The permit holder is responsible for contacting our office to schedule these inspections. Inspections may be requested: by phone ((608)838-3154), by fax ((608)838-3619), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For a water and sewer lateral inspection, please call the Public Works Department at (608)838-7287. Include the time that the work will be ready for inspection.
Inspection Check List:
- Water and sewer lateral inspection
- Building footings inspection
- Building foundation inspection
- Building drain tile inspection (if required)
- Under basement floor plumbing inspection
- Building electric service inspection
- Building rough inspections:
(Numbers 1-4 should be called in at the same time by the General Contractor)
- Insulation inspection
- Final Inspections for occupancy
- Make sure all work is completed before contacting us for an inspection. A re-inspection fee will be charged if the inspector has to make a return visit.
- Electrical service inspections will not be done until the structure is roofed.
- Any failed inspection or minor correction on an inspection will require a re-inspection. Follow the same procedure for the re-inspect as you did scheduling the initial one. A re-inspection fee may be charged.
- Village of McFarland inspections do not relieve the contractor of code compliance concerning UDC applicable codes and ordinances.