How are Volunteers Matched?
A Volunteer Coordinator will receive both volunteer applications and volunteer requests. The Coordinator will make the best match of the volunteer’s skills with those needed to successfully complete the specific “job”.
What is the Volunteer Selection Process?
Individuals selected to volunteer will be required to sign a Volunteer Waiver form. Minors will need to have a parent or guardian’s signature. Some volunteer opportunities will require a criminal background check. If an applicant does not qualify for a position they are interested in, every effort will be made to place the volunteer in an appropriate role. If no opportunity exists which would be a good match for an interested volunteer, the application will be retained on file until such time as an appropriate opportunity presents itself.
Who Benefits from the Program?
The purpose of the volunteer program is to promote and support volunteer activities, serve as a clearinghouse for volunteer opportunities, and link the interests and talents of citizens who want to volunteer with the needs of the Village. A successful program will benefit both the volunteer and the community by:
- enhancing and augmenting the village’s ability to provide quality services to the community
- providing an opportunity for volunteers to share their knowledge and skills to benefit the community
- providing an opportunity for volunteers to develop knowledge and skills that may translate to employment within or outside the community
- stimulating citizenship
- preparing volunteers to participate in government and influence decisions affecting their community
- promoting a sense of ownership and a commitment to the community
- enhancing the quality of life in the community through volunteer contributions