The Administration Department serves as the hub for Village government administrative, financial, and personnel-related operations. This department also carries out the statutory responsibilities of Village Clerk and Village Treasurer. The Administration Department strives to deliver friendly, accountable, and responsible service to other departments, appointed and elected officials, and the general public.
The Administration Department serves as a primary resource for all inquiries and requests for information related to our local government. Please contact us regarding the major operations listed on this page and any other Village government-related matter. If we cannot help you, we will connect you to someone who can.
Although Administration Department personnel are familiar with the general aspects of all Department operations, several of them specialize in certain areas and can therefore serve you more effectively and efficiently. Please refer to the Administration Staff Directory for a list of personnel and their areas of expertise.
Major Areas of Operation
Major areas of operation include:
- Agendas and minute management
- Boards, commissions, and committees membership
- Election administration
- Financial administration
- License issuance - alcohol beverage, pet, and cigarette and tobacco products
- Permit issuance - burning, solicitor, special event (indoor and outdoor), and street use
- Personal and real estate property tax administration
- The first installment of property tax is due to the Village by January 31st
- The second installment is paid to Dane County by July 31st
- Property tax bills are mailed by the third Monday in December
- Assessments and tax information can also be found on the Access Dane website
- Personal and real restate property assessment administration
- Personnel management
- Public records management
- Village code of ordinance