Licenses & Permits

The Administration Department issues the following types of licenses and permits in compliance with, and as required by, Wisconsin Statutes and/or the Village of McFarland Code of Ordinances.

  1. Alcohol Beverage Licenses for Establishments
  2. Alcohol Beverage Licenses for Operators
  3. Burning Permits
  4. Cigarette & Tobacco Products Licenses
  5. Direct Seller Permits
  6. Event Permits
  7. Excavation Permits
  8. Mobile Food Establishments
  9. Neighborhood Event (Block Party) Permits
  10. Pet Licenses
  11. Solicitor Permits
  12. Street Privilege Permits
  13. Temporary Alcohol Licenses
  14. Tourist Rooming House Permits

Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 125 and Village of McFarland Code Chapter 11, Article II prohibit retail sales of alcohol beverages in McFarland without an approved license granted and issued by the Village of McFarland.  Alcohol beverages means fermented malt beverages (beer) and intoxicating liquor (distilled spirits and wine).  For information on obtaining an alcohol beverage license, please fill out the Alcohol Determination Request form.

Important Dates to Remember

  • April 15 - All application forms for the renewal of alcohol licenses must be completed and submitted to the Clerk.
  • June 30 (or last business day of June) - Last day for licenses to be picked up and paid for by 4 pm at the Village Hall/Administration Office.
  • July 1 - New licensing year officially begins. All licenses issued for the previous license year are now expired.

Forms & Additional Information

Forms and additional information, such as approved classes for individuals wanting to become licensed operators, may be obtained from the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.