In August 2017, the Village adopted a full update to its Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Plan is a guide for the development, revitalization, and preservation of the McFarland area over the next 10 to 20 years. It covers a variety of topics, including land use, transportation, natural resources, housing, and economic development. The updated Plan is in two volumes: Volume 1: Conditions and Issues, and Volume 2: Vision and Directions.
If you have questions or comments on the Village's plans, or would like higher-resolution versions of any of these materials, please contact the Community Development Clerk by phone at 608-838-3154 or email Community Development.
Comprehensive Plan Summary Materials
The Comprehensive Plan can be difficult to get your arms around. The following documents are summaries:
Full Comprehensive Plan Volumes
- McFarland Comprehensive Plan Volume 1 - Conditions and Issues (PDF) - Volume 1 includes background information, trends, and projections for the Village, but no policies or future directions.
- McFarland Comprehensive Plan Volume 2 - Vision and Directions (PDF) - Volume 2 focuses on future policies and initiatives and is generally the more informative of the two volumes.
The Comprehensive Plan was completed after a 1.5-year process involving a community survey, several stakeholder meetings in 2016, nine working meetings of the Plan Commission, and an open house and a public hearing in summer 2017. The individual results of each can be found in the following documents:
- Community Survey Results (PDF)
- Meetings and Milestones Schedule (PDF)
- Priorities Exercise Results - Chamber of Commerce (PDF)
- Priorities Exercise Results - Community Development Authority (PDF)
- Priorities Exercise Results - Landmarks Commission (PDF)
- Priorities Exercise Results - Parks, Recreation, and Natural Resources (PDF)
- Priorities Exercise Results - Plan Commission (PDF)
- Priorities Exercise Results - Public Safety (PDF)
- Priorities Exercise Results - Public Utilities (PDF)
- Priorities Exercise Results - Public Works Committee (PDF)
- Stakeholder Meetings Summary (PDF)
- Student Advisory Council Exercise Results (PDF)