Fire & Rescue
Due to the high demand for requests and the increasing spread of COVID-19, we have been forced to stop accepting birthday parade requests. Please understand it was a difficult decision but a necessary one.
About Our Department
In 2014 the Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Departments for the Village of McFarland joined forces to become McFarland Fire and Rescue. The Fire Department was originally established in 1908, and EMS Department in 1977.
The McFarland Fire and Rescue Department provides fire protection and EMS service, at the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Level, to a 14 square mile district made up of the Village of McFarland, portions of the Town of Dunn, and portions of the Town of Pleasant Springs. In addition, we provide water and ice rescue coverage to portions of Lake Kegonsa, Lake Waubesa, and the Yahara River. We also maintain Mutual Aid agreements with surrounding area departments for larger incidents, EMS assistance, and Paramedic Intercepts.
Learn more about McFarland Fire and Rescue by visiting the About Our Department page.
- For emergencies: Call 911
- For information on becoming a member of the Department, or Operations within the Department, please contact Chris Dennis by phone at 608-838-3278 or email Chris Dennis.
- For information involving fire inspections, plan reviews, new construction, public education, station tours, or school visits, please contact Mitch Sutter by phone at 608-838-2321 or email Fire Prevention.
- For any EMS billing questions, please contact Beth Markham by phone at 608-838-3278 or email Beth Markham.
- For records requests including medical, fire prevention, and code compliance contact Beth Markham by phone at 608-838-3278 or email Beth Markham.
- To schedule a CPR class or get information on CPR classes, please contact Mitch Sutter by phone at 608-838-2321 or email Mitch Sutter.
- To reach other members of our staff, please browse our Department Staff Directory.
- How can I obtain a burning permit?
- Can I have a campfire or fire pit?
- Are all the firefighters and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) in the Department volunteer?
- How many emergency situations does the Department respond to each year?
- Do firefighters and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) receive formal training?
- How are volunteers trained on all the equipment?
- How can I make a donation to McFarland Fire and Rescue?
- What should I do if my smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector goes off?
- What type of smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector should I purchase?