Billing & Patient Records
Billing Agency Contact
McFarland Fire and Rescue contracts with Andres Medical Billing, a specialized emergency medical services (EMS) billing company. If you have any questions about your bill, insurance payment for service, or would like a copy of your patient care report, please contact Andres Medical Billing at 800-244-2345.
Each patient that is evaluated or treated by McFarland Fire and Rescue requires a pre-hospital EMS chart to be completed by the crew member(s) rendering care. The chart is completed electronically and is stored securely for future access if needed. It contains information about:
- Any treatments or interventions performed by EMS prior to arrival at the hospital
- Call location
- Date/time and other pertinent data
- Details regarding the patient's condition
- Medical history
- Patient's demographics
Medical records are maintained for a minimum of 6 years or 3 years past the patient's 18th birthday if the patient is a minor when treated.
Records Request Procedure
In compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Act, the information contained within this chart may only be shared with those providing treatment, for payment purposes (insurance reimbursement, etc.) and for health care operations.
In order to request a copy of a patient's pre-hospital EMS chart, you must follow one of these processes:
- Court Order: Through the legal process, a subpoena may be submitted to us requesting a copy of a patient's chart.
- Direct Request: Please contact Andres Medical Billing at 800-244-2345 to obtain request and release forms.
- Legal Request (Lawyers): Lawyers or legal agencies may request a copy of a patient's chart by contacting Andres Medical Billing at 800-244-2345. These requests must first be approved by the patient or designee.
All requests for patient records will be processed as quickly as possible. If you have any questions about patient records, please contact Beth Markham by phone at 608-838-3278 or email Beth Markham.
If you have a financial hardship and are unable to pay your ambulance bill. Please complete the Hardship Waiver Information (PDF) and submit with the documentation outlined.