- Watercraft Storage Permit
Watercraft Storage Permit
Renewals for the 2023-2024 season were due March 31, 2023. As of May 8, 2023, there is one top spot available at Jaeger Park for canoe or kayak. There is one spot available at McDaniel Park for a canoe or kayak and one spot available for a sailboat. Vacancies are available for reservation on a first-come-first-served basis as of April 3, 2023.
The Village has watercraft storage racks available for annual rental at McDaniel and Jaeger Parks.
All applicants must read and agree to abide by the provisions of the Village of McFarland Watercraft Storage Procedure (PDF).
- Permit fees are $75 for Village of McFarland residents and $150 for non-residents.
- Permits previously were from January 1st through December 31st. Starting in 2022 permit timeframe is from April 1 till March 31. The 2023 permits will be from April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024.
- Current permit holders have until the expiration of the permit to renew in the same spot for the following year.
- The general public will have the opportunity to purchase all non-renewed spots following the expiration of the permits and the removal of non-renewed watercraft.
- Permit renewals can be mailed to the Municipal Center or dropped off at the drop-box. The Public Works Department will only be processing permits by mail/drop-box on a first come, first served basis. Spaces will be assigned by staff based on availability, starting with lowest spaces on the racks first and moving up the racks.
- Please contact the Public Works office at 608-838-7287 with questions.
- Acceptable watercrafts include, but are not limited to:
- Stand-up Paddle Boards
- Watercrafts must not exceed:
- 80 pounds
- 18 feet in length
- 42 inches in width
- 24 inches in height
Complete your application online
Fill out the Watercraft Storage Permit online and submit the application with your payment.
Print at Home
Fill out the Water Craft Storage Permit Application (PDF) online, print it out, and either:
- Bring it to the McFarland Public Works Center, located at:
5115 Terminal Drive
McFarland, WI 53558
- Mail your application to:
McFarland Public Works Department
P.O. Box 110
McFarland, WI 53558-0110
Once the Public Works Department has received your application, they will then send you your permit.