Board of Review
Powers & Duties
The Board of Review hears objections to assessments of property values from individual property owners and determines whether the assessor's valuation is correct. The Board has the power to raise or lower property valuations if they feel such adjustments are in order. The Board normally meets only one or two days a year in May or June depending upon the number of objections to be heard.
- Meets annually within 30 days of the 2nd Monday in May
- 9 a.m.
- Conference Room A
- 5 resident members and 2 alternate members of whom none shall occupy any public office or be publicly employed (5-year term).
- Members of the Board of Review shall elect a chairperson and vice-chairperson at the first annual meeting.
- The Village Clerk shall serve as Clerk and keep an accurate record of all proceedings and give the necessary notices.
Agendas, Minutes, and Packets
Related Information and Documents
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) - 2019 Guide for Board of Review Members (PDF)
- Wisconsin DOR - 2019 Property Assessment Appeal Guide (PDF)
- Wisconsin DOR - Board of Review Page
- Village of McFarland Code of Ordinances, Chapter 2, Article IV, Division 2, Section 2-216 - 222
- Village of McFarland Mission and Vision Statement (PDF)