Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
Powers & Duties
- Make recommendations to the Village Board on diversity, equity, and inclusion planning, auditing, and related projects.
- Serve as a resource, recommending goals, and advising the Village Board on existing and/or proposed ordinances, programs, actions, mission statements, vision statements, long-term Village-wide goals/objectives, and other best practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the community.
- Serve as a resource to Village departments and staff on the development of racially and culturally inclusive structures, programs, and training with equity-sensitive leadership through the Village.
- Promote the Village’s efforts to involve residents from underrepresented communities on Village boards, commissions, and committees as well as seeking employment with the Village.
- Promote the Committee to the public in order to help implement outreach and engagement strategies recommended for diversity, equity, and inclusion and assisting in informational opportunities, presentations, open houses, and other public initiatives providing information about the Committee to the public.
- Make recommendations to the Village Board for widespread and ongoing diverse public involvement and assisting the Village Board by advising on methods by which the public can better participate in the decision-making process.
- Hold joint meetings with the Village Board at least annually to align goals and objectives.
- 3rd Monday of every month
- 6 p.m.
- Municipal Center Community Room
- 5 citizen members
- 2 Village Board members
- 2-year terms
Agendas, Minutes, and Packets
Agendas and packets are posted publicly prior to the meeting while minutes are posted after being approved by the Committee.
Related Information and Documents
- Religious Holiday Recognitions and Government Meetings for 2023 (PDF)
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals (PDF)
- Final DEI Consulting Report with Appendices (PDF)
- DEI Consulting Proposal (PDF)
- Approved by McFarland Village Board on July 26, 2021
- Resolution 2020-19 (PDF)
- Public Comment Policy (PDF)
- Village of McFarland Code of Ordinances, Chapter. 2, Article. VI, Section 2-481 - 484 (PDF)
- Village of McFarland Mission and Vision Statement (PDF)