Powers & Duties
In addition to its duties prescribed in Chapter 62, Article II, Division 6, the Landmarks Commission shall:
- Actively work for the passage of legislation permitting full or partial tax exemptions to properties it has designated under the provisions of this Section to encourage owners of historic properties to assist in carrying out the intent of this Section.
- Cooperate with the State Historic Preservation Officer and the State Historic Preservation Review Board in trying to include properties designated hereunder as historic structures, sites, or districts in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Work for the continuing citizen education about the historic heritage of the Village and the historic structures and sites designated under the provisions of this Section.
- As it deems advisable, receive and solicit funds for the purpose of historic preservation in the Village. Such funds shall be placed in a separate Village account for such purposes.
- As needed
- Conference Room A
- 1 Village Trustee (1-year term)
- 4 citizen members (3-year terms)
Agendas, Minutes, and Packets
Agendas and packets are posted publicly prior to the meeting while minutes are posted after being approved by the Commission.