- Boards & Committees M-Z
- Parks and Recreation Committee
Parks and Recreation Committee
Powers & Duties
The Parks and Recreation Committee is responsible for the following functions:
- Develop both short-term plans and long-term master plans to help chart long term growth of public improvements within the parks system and recommending capital improvement plans for park improvements, facilities, and other amenities for adoption by the Village Board.
- Establishing and reviewing various fee schedules for park and recreational activities and services.
- Develop policies affecting operations and service delivery including rules and regulations necessary for the effective management of the parks system.
- Reviewing of design plans and specifications for public park and recreational facility construction and making recommendations to the Village Board regarding the solicitation of bids and awarding of contracts for such projects.
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the Village Board on property acquisitions that may benefit the park system and making recommendations to the Plan Commission on new public parkland dedications and their proposed improvements when required within new developments.
- Evaluating and making recommendations regarding the delivery of park and recreation services.
- Reviewing, planning, and making recommendations on community recreation programming and amenities.
- Work with Village staff to research and apply for alternate funding sources such as grants, donations, and bequests to finance park and recreational programs and facilities.
- Reviewing and facilitating the filing of yearly reports submitted to Federal, State, and other regulatory agencies as needed.
- 1st Tuesday of every month
- 6:30 p.m.
- Municipal Center Community Room
- 5 citizen members
- 2 Village Trustees
- 2-year terms
Agendas, Minutes, and Packets
Agendas and packets are posted publicly prior to the meeting while minutes are posted after being approved by the Committee.
View the most recent agendas, minutes, and packets.
Village of McFarland Code of Ordinances, Chapter 2, Article V, Division 5, Section 2-396 and Division 4, Section 2-385
Related Information and Documents
- 2019 to 2023 Outdoor Recreation and Open Space Plan (PDF)
- Aquatics Feasibility Study (PDF)
- Chapter 1 - Parks and Park Facilities Naming Rights Policy (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - Athletic Field Usage Policy (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Vegetation Management Policy (PDF)
- Inclusive Playground Master Plan - Final Report (PDF)
- McDaniel Park Master Plan Document 2017 (PDF)
- Public Comment Policy (PDF)
- Urso Park Master Plan Update 2017 (PDF)
- Village of McFarland Mission and Vision Statement (PDF)
- Lewis Park Master Plan 2015 (PDF)
- McFarland Parks Master Plans (PDF)
- McFarland Parks Master Plans Appendies (PDF)
- McFarland Skatepark Plan (PDF)