East Side Neighborhood Plan Update
Staying Informed and Being Involved
There will be multiple opportunities for residents, stakeholders, and members of the public to provide input in the planning process including online surveys, public meetings and hearings. This webpage will be used to post information regarding the project as it becomes available.
Sign up to receive emails regarding future public meetings and surveys regarding the East Side Neighborhood Plan Update.
The Village is in the process of updating its 2008 East Side Neighborhood Growth Area Plan. The East Side Plan is a component, or subarea plan, of the Village's Comprehensive Plan. The East Side Plan provides general and detailed recommendations regarding the character of future development on the Village's east side including the location, type, density, and intensity of a variety of land uses including residential, commercial, industrial, parks, trails, and open spaces. The recommendations within the East Side Plan are used to guide short and long-term investments in future growth and preservation areas of the Village and is used to assist in the review and approval of development requests, subdivision reviews, and zoning amendments within the boundaries of the plan.
Since 2008, there have been a number of new subdivisions on the Village's east side (e.g. Juniper Ridge, Prairie Place, Park View Estates) which have recently reached full build-out. Completion of these developments, coupled with general changes in local and regional market demand, and annexations of land to the Village have prompted the Village to consider taking a fresh look at the strategies and recommendations of the 2008 East Side Plan.
Project Timeline, Draft Documents & Request for Proposal
The project is anticipated kickoff in March 2022 with completion and adoption of the updated plan in March of 2023. Copies of draft plan materials and meeting presentations will be added below as the planning project progresses. Note the "General Project Schedule" is subject to change.
Additionally, one may reference links below to the Request for Proposal (RFP) authorized by the Village Board for the project along with the selected proposal from the team of MSA Professional Services and Redevelopment Resources.
- September 15th Preliminary Future Land Use Concepts (PDF)
- September 14th Preliminary Economic Strategic Plan (PDF)
- September 14th Preliminary Housing Assessment Report (PDF)
- July 29th Preliminary Land Use Concepts (PDF)
- July 28th Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- July 14th Public Information Meeting Comment Form (PDF)
- July 14th Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- Community Survey Results (PDF)
- Study Area Map (PDF)
- Natural Resources Map (PDF)
- Existing Land Use Map (PDF)
- General Project Schedule (PDF)
Existing 2008 East Side Neighborhood Growth Area Plan
- Watch the March 2022 Plan Commission Meeting - Discussion item 4e.
- Watch the April 2022 Plan Commission Meeting - Discussion item 5c.
- Watch the May 2022 Plan Commission Meeting - Discussion item 5k.
- Watch the June 2022 Joint CDA and Plan Commission Meeting - Discussion item 3a.
- Watch the July 14, 2022 Public Information Meeting
- Watch the July 2022 Plan Commission Meeting - Discussion item 5c.
- Watch the July 28, 2022 Public Information Meeting
- Watch the September 20, 2022 Joint CDA and Plan Commission Meeting