Nomination Paper Process
The Village of McFarland will hold an election on the first Tuesday in April (if needed, a primary will be held on the third Tuesday in February) to fill the following offices:
- Every year: Three Village Trustee seats on the Village Board - The term for these offices is two years and begins on the third Tuesday in April.
- Every odd numbered year: Village President - The term for this office is two years and begins on the third Tuesday in April.
- Every four years: Municipal Judge - The term for this office is four years and beings on May 1st.
Nomination Paper Process and Required Forms
The Village of McFarland uses a nomination paper process for ballot access. The first date to begin circulating nomination papers is December 1st. The Ballot Access Checklist provides a list of required documentation and specific deadlines.
The following forms will need to be completed and filed with the Village Clerk.
- Campaign Registration Statement - All Candidates - This form must be filed with the Village Clerk before or at the same time as nomination papers are submitted and must be filed before campaign funds are collected or spent.
- Declaration of Candidacy - All Candidates - This form must be filed with the Village Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on the first Tuesday in January.
- Nomination Paper for Nonpartisan Office - All Candidates - These forms must be filed with the Village Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on the first Tuesday in January. Nomination papers may not be circulated before December 1st. The number of valid signatures required is 20 to 100. Candidates should review the instructions carefully prior to circulating to ensure forms are properly completed.
- Statement of Interests (PDF) - Village Board Candidates Only - This form must be filed with the Village Clerk within 7 days of the first Tuesday in January.
The following form must be filed by Municipal Judge Candidates Only with the State of Wisconsin Ethics Commission.
- Statement of Economic Interests - Municipal Judge Candidates Only - This form must be filed no later than 4:30 p.m. on the 3rd day following the nomination paper deadline.
For a checklist of forms and information on specific deadlines, please review the Ballot Access Checklist.
If an incumbent chooses not to run for office again, the incumbent must file the Notification of Non-Candidacy form with the Village Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on the second Friday preceding nomination paper deadline.
Cassandra SuettingerDeputy Administrator/Clerk
5915 Milwaukee Street
McFarland, WI 53558
5915 Milwaukee Street McFarland WI 53558
P.O. Box 110
McFarland, WI 53558
Phone: 608-838-3153Fax: 608-838-3619
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.