The 2022 Budget included funding to construct pickleball courts within William McFarland Park. The pickleball court location was identified in the new Master Plan (PDF) that was accepted by the Village Board at their November 8, 2021 meeting. The new courts will be located immediately south of the Madison Curling club and adjacent to the existing park shelter.
The project will consist of
- 8 courts
- Related fencing
- Other support amenities
The Plan Commission reviewed the proposed site design at their February 21, 2022 meeting. The Parks, Recreation, and Natural Resources Committee recommended the award of contract to Parisi Construction at their February 24, 2022 meeting. The Village Board awarded contract at their meeting on March 14, 2022.
Construction has begun at William McFarland Park. The contractor has put up a temporary fence around the construction site and we ask that park visitors stay outside the fenced area for safety reasons.
- Week of June 27th: courts graded, stone base installed, stormwater basin constructed, and light pole foundations installed
- Week of July 4th: shade structure footings will be installed and fencing footings will begin
- Week of July 18th: electrical work and concrete install
- Week of August 1st: asphalt paving
- Week of August 8th: fencing and net post install along with restoration activities
- Week of September 5th: coating and striping of the courts - approximately 30 days after paving
- Week of September 12th: nets and shade structure finish
Stayed tuned for the official opening date. Staff estimate that the courts would open around September 16, 2022. Subscribe to Capital Projects & Parks News to stay in the know!
Courts will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis for the fall of 2022. No reservations or events will occur.