- Capital Projects
- Skatepark at William McFarland Park
Skatepark at William McFarland Park
The Village has been planning improvements for a new skatepark within William McFarland Park following the adoption of the McFarland Parks Master Plan in 2021. The project included community involvement through public input meetings and an online survey, site development plans, approval of the site design, and authorizing the project for bid. The 2023 Budget included funding to reconstruct the skatepark within William McFarland Park. The reconstructed skatepark will be at its current location. The project includes demolition of the current skatepark, earthwork, concrete skatepark construction, landscaping, and site restoration.
The Parks and Recreation Committee reviewed the proposed site design at their January 3, 2023 meeting. The Committee recommended the award of contract to Parisi Construction at their February 7, 2023 meeting. The Village Board awarded contact at their meeting on February 14, 2023.
Construction is planned to begin in late July of 2023. We ask that park visitors stay outside of the construction area for safety reasons until the project is complete. A tentative construction schedule is below. Ongoing updates will be provided once construction begins.
- Week of June 19: demolition by public works department
- Week of July 17: mobilization to site
- Week of July 24: site grading and aggregate installation
- Week of July 31: construction begins
- Week of October 23: sidewalk prep and installation
- Week of October 30: site cleanup
- Week of November 6: shade structure installation and site restoration
- Week of November 13: estimated project completion
Stay tuned for additional details, updates for construction, and the official opening date. Subscribe to Capital Projects & Park News to stay in the know!