What if I wish to enter a plea of Not Guilty?

If you wish to plead Not Guilty you may do so by downloading a Plea of Not Guilty Form (PDF). The original form must be filed with the Court on or before your initial appearance court date. To file the form you may do one of the following:

  • Mail the form to:
    McFarland Municipal Court
    P.O. Box 110
    5915 Milwaukee Street
    McFarland, WI 53558-0110
  • Bring the form to the Court in person on or before your court date. Please check court hours before coming to the court office.
  • Fax the form to the McFarland Municipal Court: 608-838-3619 This plea must be received prior to your court date. A court date for a pretrial conference will be mailed to you. You must appear in person for your pretrial conference. If you fail to appear for your scheduled pretrial conference the Court will find you Guilty by default.
  • Email the form to Municipal Court.

Once the form is filed with the Court, you will be notified by mail of your new court date.

It is necessary that you advise the Court of any address change. If you do not appear because you failed to notify the Court of a change of address, you will be found Guilty.

Show All Answers

1. How may I pay for my citation?
2. Do I have to appear in court?
3. What happens when I appear in court?
4. What are the different pleas I may enter?
5. What if I wish to enter a plea of Not Guilty?
6. What if I want a trial?
7. What happens if I do not do anything?
8. Do I need an attorney?
9. Will I lose my license due to points?
10. What happens to fines/forfeitures paid on citations?
11. How do I obtain an Occupational Driver's License?
12. How do I apply for Traffic Safety School?
13. What are Tax Intercepts?