Yes. A Notary Public is a sworn public officer with the power to perform a number of official legal acts. The office of notary public is technically classified as a ministerial office, meaning it does not involve significant legal judgment or judicial-style discretion of the acts being performed. The Village of McFarland has several Notary Publics working in various departments within the McFarland Municipal Center, located at 5915 Milwaukee Street. Citizens can stop by our offices and request this service on a drop-in basis. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
The most frequent act performed by the Notary Public is the verification of an individual’s signature. In order to verify a signature, the requestor must comply with the following requirements:
- Be in the physical presence of the Notary Public
- Provide one of the following identification credentials
- Driver’s license issued by a United States state or territory
- Non-driver identification card issued by a United States state or territory
- Passport issued by any nation
- United States military identification
The Village is pleased to be able to provide this service to the public. Should you find that our hours or location do not meet your needs, notary public services are also available at most banks and insurance offices.